This toolkit is designed to assist Member Protection Information Officers, Complaints Managers, Child Safe Co-ordinators and club committees to structure a team that is able to deal effectively with member protection issues. The kit is intended for use alongside the following three SLSA policies:
Knowledge of these policies is assumed in this toolkit, which aims to assist clubs with putting policy into practice.
This toolkit covers the following key areas:
• Why is member protection important?
• The role of the club committee
• Member Protection Team
– Training requirements
– Position descriptions
• Complaints resolution
– Flow chart of the complaints resolution process
– Initial assessment of a complaint
– Additional notes for an investigation