Youth Opportunity Makers workshop
It’s time for Surf Life Saving New South Wales (SLSNSW) to invite nominations for the 2022/2023 Youth Opportunity Makers Workshop! The workshop will be held from Tuesday 11th April to Thursday 13th April 2023, at The Collaroy Centre on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
Please find attached, the 2023 YOM Circular and we ask that you share this with your clubs, directors of youth and any key members in this age group that you feel suitable as applicants.
Note that nominations must be submitted directly to SLSNSW by 9am on Monday 30th January 2023
Youth Development and Support Officer | Surf Life Saving NSW
PH 02 9471 8000| www.surflifesaving.com.au
This SLSNSW program was developed to foster personal development in 15-17 year old members, by broadening their understanding of current issues, path- ways and opportunities, in addition to encouraging positive self-esteem and team work. It provides members with opportunities to connect with each other and share innovative ideas. The workshop is geared towards creating greater awareness of opportunities and individual abilities in 15-17 year old members. Aims of the workshop include:
- To create situations that promote fun learning experiences
- To create an awareness of current issues, pathways and opportunities
- To promote teamwork,communication skills and goal setting
- To develop confidence and self-esteem in a supportive environment whilst positively recognising members
- Provide opportunities for ideas to be exchanged Participants will take part in focused learning seminars, presentations and workshops as well as some great fun activities and challenges