Mona Vale

Mona Vale Surf Life Saving Club

Formation Date: The club was reformed on 21st October 1922

Affiliation Date: 23rd October 1923

Council Approval Date:

First Clubhouse Built:

How started: The club was originally started in 1912/13 but it folded during World War 1 in 1922. Freddie Lane was the first President upon its reformation.

How was Club Formed:

In 1907-1912 the first club is recorded in Warringah Shire Council minutes. In 1914 due World War 1 the club ceased operating and was abandoned.

Patrols Commenced: December 1922

First Bronze Medallion – Squad – Date: 17th December 1922 – squad details shown on page 13 of the 100 year publication.

First Clubhouse Built: “The Shed” was built in 1909

Subsequent Clubhouses: “The Shack” was built in 1934 and was followed in 1969 by the next club house which has just been superseded by the current building in 2022.

Junior Activities/Nippers Formation Date: 21st November 1965

Club Historian: Alan Mason

Has a History Book been written: Yes “100 years of Saving Lives and much more. 100th Anniversary Mona Vale SLSC 1922-2022”.

Clubhouse 1969 to 2022. Photo courtesy of NB Library HH


Australian Championships 1950

Our Supporters