Sport & Recreation Infrastructure Grants
Have opened today and will close at 5pm sharp on Monday 12thOctober. Please take the time to read the guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions as you will need to ensure you have enough time to gather required documentation such as quotes and owners’ consent. Further information including the Guidelines and FAQs can be found here.
Event Grants and Sponsorships Program
Round 2 of the 2020/21 Northern Beaches Council Event Grants and Sponsorships Program is now open.
The program is open on a continuing basis, until funding has been allocated each year. We encourage all organisations who meet the criteria to apply. Further information can be found within the Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions. We recommend reading these prior to starting your submission.
You must submit your application in accordance with the timeframes below. Major events may be negotiated outside of this by contacting the Events Team directly. If you are interested in applying for an Event Grant or Sponsorship in this round, you are advised to submit your outdoor event booking form (Small Event or Major Event) as soon as possible. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the Program further please feel free to contact the Events Team on 8495 6566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Period is 31 August to 31 December 2020, this is for events being held After 1 May 2021 and before 31 August 2021
Supplementary Volunteer Grants 2020
The federal government has joined with the NSW State government to provide a Supplementary Volunteer Grant – very similar to the one given out by Zali’s electoral office in January this year. Grants of between $1,000 – $5,000 are available with a total pool of $748,000 for New South Wales.
The purpose of the funding is to:
- Help support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- Help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers
- Adapt practices to support volunteers’ safety in relation to COVID-19.
Organisations must meet the following criteria to apply:
- At least 40% of the organisation’s workforce must be volunteers
- Be a not-for-profit organisation, non-corporate State / Territory Statutory Authority, Corporate Commonwealth Entity or Corporate State/ Territory Entity
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be willing to provide a Statement by Supplier Form (the reason for not quoting an ABN). Please refer to the Australian Tax Office for further information
- Have an account with an Australian Financial Institution
Assessments will be undertaken through a competitive grant process. Assessors will review each grant application based on merit.
Please view the guidelines for more details on eligible and non-eligible items, however, the grant can be used for:
– Small equipment items
– Transport costs of volunteers with disability
– Fuel costs incurred by volunteers
– Training for volunteers
– Background screening checks of volunteers
– Documentation requirements
– Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers
– Adapting practices to support volunteers safety in relation to COVID-19
Closes 20 September 2020. For grant guidelines, please click here.
COVID-19 Domestic and Family Violence Funding – Tranche 2
As a result of COVID-19, domestic, family and sexual violence services have had to respond to changes in service delivery, complexity or demand of their programs. Frontline organisations experiencing increased demand in services as a result of COVID-19 can apply for this grant.
Closes 23 September 2020
For more information, please click here.
Local Sporting Champions Representing their Club or their School
The Local Sporting Champions grant provides financial assistance for coaches, officials and competitors aged 12-18 participating in state, national or international championships.
If successful, individual applicants will receive $500-$750 towards the cost of attending their championships, covering travel, accommodation, entry fees, uniforms, equipment and other travel expenses. This grant is given out every three months – the usual deadlines are June 30, September 30, December 31 and March 31 each year.
Parents & children need to apply directly via a simple online application form.
This is a fantastic grant that is ‘electorate based’, meaning each electorate is given a certain number of grants to award. This number is a reflection of the number of eligible applications received. So we would like to encourage all eligible kids in Warringah to apply.
Applications for LSC have now reopened. The next deadline for applications is 30 September 2020 which means you can apply anytime between now and then.
For grant guidelines and an application form, please click here.
Grant Writing Tip of the Month
Create a small grants committee of 3-4 people so that one person is not left with all of the responsibility. Have a Grant Preparedness Session so that when grants come up, you are ready to apply. At this session you could:
- Define your organisation and gather documentation about its set up (ABN, not-for-profit status etc)
- Brainstorm potential projects on butcher’s paper
- Assign roles
- Work out how much money you will need and how much you can raise yourself
- Contact Zali’s Grants Officer for help
To watch a Grant Writing Webinar from Northern Beaches Council – please click here