The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and application of oxygen, airway management devices, and automated external defibrillators during resuscitation, and to administer oxygen to conscious and unconscious breathing casualties.
The following nationally recognised units of competency are issued upon completion of this award:
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
In addition, the award may also be aligned to the following optional units of competency:
- PUAEME003C Administer oxygen in an emergency situation
- PUAOPE010C Operate an automated external defibrillator in an emergency situation
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Be at least 15 years of age on the date of assessment
- Hold one of the following SLSA awards
- Bronze Medallion / Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- First Aid
This award is assessed within the SNB branch in a central venue environment. Candidates should be assessed by Assessors from another club.
For more detailed information on this award, download a copy of the course syllabus here.