Congratulations to our Junior Life Savers of the Year
Emilie Morris from North Steyne SLSC & Vivek Sirkari from Warriewood SLSC
Do you have a youth leader or an SRC who is bursting with ideas? Someone who reflects the core image & principles of surf lifesaving?
Nominate an SRC and future leader of your Club and they will see there is a Branch & State Pathway to further develop leadership skills and teamwork… skills in which your young surf leaders can bring back to your surf club. The program will involve Club finalists taking part in a Lifesaving Workshop as well as giving them the opportunity to participate in many Branch organised events.
The SLSSNB Junior Lifesaver of the Year program aims to support and develop a team of confident future Club leaders taking them through Branch and State.
The criteria for selection can be based but not solely selected on the nominee’s achievements in the following areas:
- Contribution to Surf Life Saving • Demonstration of leadership roles in club activities
- Awards received in Surf Life Saving and the community
- Awareness of Club events and current affairs
- Initiative applied to Club and community activities
- Promotion of Surf Life Saving to the community
- Attendance record at Club activities • Encouragement of new members
- Demonstration of surf lifesaving knowledge and skills
The workshop is an interactive day which includes feedback on SRC process, interview techniques leading into the SNB and SLSNSW interviews, getting to know your peers whilst having a fun day filled with jet skis, drones, duty officers and much more.
Nominations for the 2020 Junior Lifesaver of the Year will be open in December 2020.